Ms. Kiana Clutesi

A site where you can learn about me, my education and my lifestyle.

Inquiry Week 9

For this week of my inquiry I decided to focus my inquiry on exploring more about the nations territory and the peoples land I grew up on in Pemberton, BC. This traditional territory belongs to the Líl̓wat Nation which includes close to 800,000 ha of beautiful, resource rich land that includes temperate coastal regions, old growth rainforest and arid areas.

Growing up in Pemberton Líl̓wat culture was a huge part of our schooling. There was a large population of Líl̓wat people that I grew up with and went to school with which made it so special. I was still able to grow up in such an amazing community being a small town with lots of focus towards Líl̓wat culture even though I was away from the band my family comes from originally. Líl̓wat culture and the people from the Líl̓wat nation are an amazing group and to be to be given the opportunity to be born and raised in such a gorgeous place on their territory was a privilege. I am truly grateful to of grown up in Pemberton and plan to raise my family in this amazing place that I get to call home.