Ms. Kiana Clutesi

A site where you can learn about me, my education and my lifestyle.

Reflection Week 11: Outdoor Education

This week in class we Technology and Outdoor Education with a guest speaker named Kirsten Pierce. Kirsten talked about using technology in place-based environment education and shared some examples about how she does this in her classroom. She showed us a really cool Mincraft land that she made of GoldStream park which was a really cool idea and makes learning super fun for kids. She also talked about the idea of the Two-Eyed Lens and how important it is to consider this idea when learning about a place or people and to be educated on the past, present and future. We have talked about this idea a few other times in different classes and in my previous experience in first year of university. But it was interesting to learn about how someone uses this idea in their own teaching and to consider their take on it. Kirsten had lots of ideas which were very helpful and useful to learn about because it opened my perspective on how we actually use the Two-Eyed Lens on a lot we just don’t realize it. But the discussion that we had in class was very interesting to hear everyones ideas and opinions and made for an interesting class! After the discussion we went outside to the garden on campus and played a little scavenger hunt to scan QR-Codes that were hidden which was a fun end to the class 🙂