Ms. Kiana Clutesi

A site where you can learn about me, my education and my lifestyle.

Reflection Week 9: Digital Curation

This week we talked about inclusion in education and accessibility tools, Guest from BCEdAccess: Kaori Lau & Tracy Humphries who are a part of the BCEdAccess organization which supports families and students with disabilities and learning needs. This was a really cool class to sit in on and the guest speakers had so many cool ideas to share with our class. In the beginning of the class Tracy did a sticky note demonstration and activity to show how this provides exclusion in the classroom which was really interesting to see because my teachers growing up did a lot of this. It was a really cool and helpful way to show how this happens more often then we know in classrooms where people that are able-bodied and neurotypical don’t have to worry about being accommodated so Tracy showing us how to feel to not be accommodated in the classroom was really interesting. We talked a lot about the procedure to get funding for devises or other needs for students and how that process works with school districts. This was really interesting to kind of get inside information about this stuff and is definitely really important for us upcoming teachers to know. Therefore I found this class very interesting, informational and engaging all at the same time!