Ms. Kiana Clutesi

A site where you can learn about me, my education and my lifestyle.

Reflection Week 8: Technology Integration In Classrooms

This week we talked about Learning Design Frameworks and the EdCamp Conference. In this class we talked in small groups about the use of phones in the classroom and wether we think it’s a good idea or not and the pros and cons of each. My opinion on phones in that classroom is that I think in middle school it would be really hard to remove phones completely from students using them however I would be strict when they can use phones. I think at times phones can be useful in the classroom when playing games like Kahoot or other uses of technology in the classroom. I think some students should have permission to use phones in the case of medical issues or using them for accessibility reasons. However for the students that really don’t need to use phones in class I think a phones basket would be wise in this case. I remember my teachers having a phone basket and it was really helpful because I feel like I didn’t have self control in middle school when it came to using my phone responsibility. Overall I find it very helpful to hear other opinions because it opens my ideas as to how I may control the use of phones in my future classroom.

https://www.progressfocused.com/2024/01/the-cell-phone-ban-in-schools-two.html